So earlier this week, I went off to Acacia Mall, the new shopping centre north of Phakalane on the road to Oodi.
I was excited to see all the new shops and get the scoop on what’s there, not just for myself but because I wanted to keep you ‘in the know’. Unfortunately, I just did a lot of walking and I have sad news. Nothing is really ready, but the good news is there is potential.
Super Spar is open and looked well stocked. Tops bottle store is bang next door.
The biggest news is that the much anticipated Pizza Hut is now open at Acacia Mall!!! For those that don’t know, Pizza Hut is a fast food joint. They are most renowned for deep pan pizza bases. I haven’t tried them Debonaires. 3956986 (This really will be the battle of the Phakalane Pizza with Times Square just down the road) **UPDATE- OPEN
• Dros 311 3038 **UPDATE- OPEN
• Eastern Crescent Chinese Restaurant. 3115966. Rumour has it that this has the same owners as Eastern Cresent in Sebele. **UPDATE- OPEN
• Foodies is an Indian Restaurant. 75 315 857 **UPDATE- OPEN
• Mooyi’s 74 630118 – Serving traditional food. **UPDATE- CLOSED
• Ackermans **UPDATE-OPEN
• D’S Damat. 71 292395 – A high-end men’s clothing shop. **UPDATE-OPEN
• GOTTi Bespoke Apparel **UPDATE-OPEN
• IMI Jewellery. Who doesn’t love a bit of bling? **UPDATE-OPEN
• Jodael. 72887901. Sells woman’s shoes and handbags. **UPDATE-OPEN
• NIYA! 76790633 – **UPDATE-OPEN. This sells plants, home decorating items and paintings.
• Pharmacy. 3115370 **UPDATE-OPEN**
• Vintage. 76 493925- **UPDATE-OPEN
• Stanbic Bank. 3619529 **UPDATE-OPEN
• Uber Dry Cleaners. 73243954 **UPDATE-OPEN
•H2O International 73767339
• New Capital Cinema – This one might take a while to be built however it’s going to be great for the Phakalane residents not to have to go into town. **
UPDATE: It’s finally open! YAY. To get hold of them call 72542938. Or ring their marketing manager on 74878895.
So in conclusion, as you can see, Acacia Mall is mostly under construction but has potential to be a shopper’s paradise. I’m not certain there’s anything unique enough to bring people from the centre of town, but there’s definitely enough to save Phakalane residents from needing to drive south.