Veganism is a healthy way of living that helps one to stay energized and vitalized; feeling strong and light. I decided to go vegan because I couldn’t digest foods like milk and dairy products. Which before were making me feel clogged up, bloated and lethargic. Five years in and I’m feeling better than ever.
One of my favourite snacks to have are bran muffins. They are both delicious and healthy. These are yummy, sweet and very easy to make. Turn your music on and let’s make magic!
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Baking time: 30 minutes
Yield: 12 muffins
190g all-purpose brown bread flour
1 cup wheat bran
200g brown sugar
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
1/4 tsp salt
240ml soy milk (or other non-dairy milk)
1/4 cup vegetable oil (I used Canola Oil)
For an egg replacement 1 tbsp flax
1 tbsp vinegar (white vinegar or apple cider vinegar)
1 tsp Vanilla Extract
75g seedless raisins
Preheat the oven to 180 degrees celsius.
1. Sift the flour into a mixing bowl. Add the wheat bran, brown sugar, baking soda and salt and mix together.
2. Prepare your flax egg by mixing 1 tablespoon flaxseed meal with 3 tablespoons of hot water. Allow the mix to sit for 3 minutes.
3. Add the soy milk, oil, flax egg, vinegar and vanilla to the mixing bowl and mix together. Using your hand, whisk briefly to remove any lumps.
4. Add the raisins and stir in.
5. Spray a muffin tray with non-stick spray and divide the batter evenly.
6. Bake for 30 minutes.
These vegan bran muffins are perfect for breakfast or as a snack on the go. Try them out and let us know what you think.
** This article is proudly sponsored by Bokomo Botswana**
Follow Official Bokomo Botswana on Facebook.
- Vegan Bran Muffins: Healthy, Quick And Easy To Bake - 29/09/2020