A quick recipe is my go-to. Everyone loves go-to recipes because they’re such lifesavers for days you’re busy, yet need to feed yourself and your family.
This chicken and cashew stir-fry recipe is simple to make, with all the ingredients you probably have in your kitchen. You can use a stir-fry frozen vegetable mix to save even more time, which guarantees your meal prep time will be cut in half, and so will the cleanup.
4 – 5 chicken breasts
1 tbsp crushed garlic
1 tsp grated ginger
2 1/2 tbsp soy sauce
1 tsp red chili powder
1 – 2 tbsp red chili paste (adjust depending on your heat preference)
1/4 tsp salt
1 tsp lemon pepper
1 onion – sliced
1/2 tsp crushed garlic
1/2 tsp green chili paste (adjust depending on your heat preference)
2 – 3 tbsp oil
4 – 5 tbsp soy sauce
Frozen stir-fry vegetables (or you can use fresh vegetables – sliced bell peppers, sliced mushrooms, sugar snap peas, julienned carrots, sliced baby zucchini – whatever you may have in your kitchen)
Egg noodles (you can substitute with spaghetti)
1/3 cup chopped cashews
Handful freshly chopped spring onions
1 – 2 tbsp sesame seeds – optional
1. Firstly, slice your chicken breasts into strips.
2. Next, marinate the chicken strips with your garlic, ginger, red chili powder, red chili paste, salt, lemon pepper, and soy sauce, and keep it aside.
3. Slice up your onion and keep it aside.
4. In a wok, on medium temperature, heat your oil before adding in your sliced onion, green chili paste, garlic, and half of the chopped cashews (the other half will be used for garnish later).
5. Keep stirring and let your onions cook till they start to turn golden. Once they turn golden, add in your marinated chicken.
6. Let your chicken strips caramelise 1 – 2 minutes before turning them over and letting them caramelise on the other side.
7. Now add 1/2 cup water and let your chicken strips cook for 10 – 15 minutes, on a medium temperature.
8. While your chicken strips are cooking, boil your egg noodles (or spaghetti) and keep them aside. If you’re using fresh vegetables and not a frozen pack of stir-fry vegetables, you can prep your vegetables and keep that aside as well.
9. Once your chicken is cooked, transfer it into a separate bowl.
10. Still at a medium temperature, add in the extra soy sauce and next to your vegetables. Do not overcook your vegetables; you want them to still have a crunch to them. Let them sauté for 5 – 10 minutes.
11. Afterwards, add back in your chicken and let it cook for another 5 minutes before mixing in your noodles.
12. Leave it to cook for another 2 – 3 minutes, so all the flavours fuse.
13. Before serving, garnish with the rest of the chopped cashews, chopped spring onions, and sesame seeds.
Hope you enjoy this yummy chicken and cashew stir-fry recipe. For more recipes, follow me on Instagram and Facebook, or check out my website at Spicy Fusion Kitchen.
If you enjoyed this recipe, you’ll love these!
- Quick And Easy To Make Chicken and Cashew Stir-Fry - 27/01/2021