Dining in on a Saturday morning with the whole family, not rushing out to school and work is a precious time. Add a little flair with these quick and easy cinnamon pancakes. You can serve these with eggs, sausages, beans, and whatever else tickles your fancy. A table spread always does the trick.
Ingredients: Yields 8-10 pancakes
2 cups self raising flour
2 tbs sugar
2 heaped tsp cinnamon
Pinch of salt
2 large eggs
1 cup milk
1 cup water
- In a large bowl, mix the dry ingredients: flour, sugar, cinnamon, and salt.
- In a smaller separate bowl whisk the wet ingredients, eggs, and milk, together.
- Pour wet ingredients into dry ingredients with the dry ingredients and mix well. Add half a cup of water and whisk until the batter is smooth. Add more water if needed, depending on how fluffy and light the pancakes should be.
- A thin batter will give you fluffy pancakes and a thick batter will give you thick heavy pancakes.
- Preheat your pan, drizzle sunflower oil, and even around the pan.
- Pour mixture into pan using a deep serving spoon and shape the pancake using a circular motion.
- When the batter starts to bubble your pancake is ready to be flipped over.
- Repeat until the batter is done.
- Serve these with a side of eggs and sausages or bacon.
For more fast, healthy, family-friendly food that’s hearty and made with love, like and follow Ms Ess Cooks Kitchen on Facebook.
We hope you enjoy this winter warmer breakfast. If cinnamon isn’t your thing try these kid-friendly baby pancakes.